Se Habla Español
After Hours Emergency Number:
Teledentistry Video Dental Info
A dental appointment via Teledentistry is the practice of using video-conferencing along with other secure HIPPA protected and compliant electronic technologies that allow for a new patient-doctor relationship to diagnose and provide advice about dental treatment over a distance.
Dental information such as medical history, x-rays, photographs and consent forms are provided and submitted electronically via secure means that will assist to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of dental care services.
The Covid-19 Virus is serious.
A Teledentistry appointment will reduce the risk of exposure to the virus for all concerned. If a patient does need to be seen in the office, based on the CDC guidelines, Teledentistry allows for pre-screening to help make critical decisions regarding at-risk patients before they arrive at the office.
- It also allows the patient to be seen in a timely manner before the conditions worsens.
- Appropriate medications can be prescribed in order to begin controlling infections.
Teledentistry improves access and delivery of dental care in a timely manner while lowering costs.
A Teledentistry consultation appointment is $40.00
- Have the problem evaluated form the safety of your home
- Facilitate and expedite the necessary dental services while limiting potential Covid-19 exposures to, patient, community and dental staff.
- What can you expect to accomplish from the Teledentistry appointment.
- Evaluate the problem the patient is experiencing.
- Evaluate their medical history and medications
- Determine the urgency to be seen and treated in the office.
- Provide the best treatment possible under these conditions
- Answer questions related to the dental problem.
- The Teledentistry video conference outcome possibilities.
- A pre-diagnosis not a definitive diagnosis until seen in the office.
- Prescribe medications that will help with the dental problem
- Prescriptions will be called into the pharmacy of choice within California or Nevada.
- Only non-narcotic meds can be prescribed via Teledentistry.
- Provide estimated costs for services needed at the office.
- Provide a dental appointment at the office if absolutely needed and appropriate
- Make and help with a referral to a specialist when appropriate.
Dr. Mireya Ortega is a general dentist licensed in both California and Nevada with over 30 years of experience.
Dr Ortega is a member of the American Dental Association, California Dental Association and Better Business Bureau.
There are some specific requirements including equiptment.
Email address, cell phone and a computer with a web camera will be required to provide a Teledentistry appointment.
Request a Teledentistry consultation by:
during office hours, Monday through Friday, 9 to 3PM.
OR Request an appointment, Click here to proceed with a Teledentistry consultation.